Dr Kate is experienced with television, radio, print and web-based media and is available for comment/interview on all topics relating to the behaviour of wild, captive and companion animals.
Working as a freelence writer, Dr Kate writes regularly in print media and was the resident behaviourist on the award-winning ‘Hound TV’ (Channel 44). Here are some examples of Kate’s media work:
A Current Affair (Channel 9)
Kate was interviewed on ACA regarding an incident involving a pet Eclectus parrot. Click here to see the video.
Hound TV (Channel 31)
Kate is the resident Animal Behaviourist for Hound TV on Channel 31. To see Kate in action, Click here.
The Age Newspaper
Keeping alive that animal magnetism
Herald Sun Newspaper
How to survive a dog of a day
Training your pooch can be a very beneficial process
Degrees of separation upset pooches
Your dog’s not spoiled, you’re just well trained
Match you pet to your lifestyle
Kate writes a regular column for Pets Magazine called ‘Naughty or Nice’. Kate answers reader’s questions about their pets behaviour.
Dogs NSW Magazine
Dr Kate is a regular contributor to Dogs NSW magazine, writing feature articles on dog behaviour and training.
To access articles Kate has written about dog training and behaviour click here.
That’s Life! Magazine
Kate wrote a regular column for That’s Life! called the Pet Whisperer from 2008-2010. Kate advised readers on how to modify their pet’s bad behaviour.
Other print media
Kate is regularly quoted by several newspapers and magazines relating to companion animals:
Catastrophe averted:St Kilda East supercat saves neighbour (Leader Newspaper)
Kate was a weekly contributor to Pet Pages writing a variety of articles about companion animals and animal behaviour.
Dr Kate has been interviewed on radio as a specialist on the subject of Animal Behaviour. Recent stories include:
- Animal Abuse: Are we abusing our pets? (Triple J) – Kate chats with Tom Tilley about how some pets are missing out on vital socialisation and other needs. Listen to the podcast here
PETstock Pet Hour (Melbourne Talk Radio) – Kate co-hosts with Glenn Ridge talking about pet behaviour and answering caller questions. Listen to the podcast here.
- PETstock Pet Hour (Melbourne Talk Radio) – Kate co-hosts with Colette Mann talking about pet behaviour and answering caller questions. Listen to the podcast here
- Obesity in pets (Melbourne Talk Radio)
- Reading dog body language (Melbourne Talk Radio)
- Talking pets – Kate talks about her work as an animal behaviourist and answers questions about pet behaviour problems (Lion FM)
- Why do people dress up their pets? (ABC radio)
- Why do dogs attack people? (ABC radio)
- How do animals find their way home? (ABC radio)